Saturday, July 24, 2010

Random Thought

I have always had the notion that the world can be divided into two categories of people: those that deal with tough times with glimpses of suicidal thought, and those that entertain thoughts of homicide.  I have never wondered what the world would be like without me.  I have fantasized how the world would be devoid of the people that piss me off.

As a disclaimer - I have been carrying this idea around with me since my early teens.  As an adult I am aware that there are lots of healthier ways of handling stress - prayer, meditation, forgiveness, whacking golf balls with names and faces drawn on them, etc.  But seriously, do you know of anyone that hasn't at least thought of what their life would be like if Karma were truly instant, and controlled by human pettiness?  

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I remember a move called the Forbidden Planet... with Robby the Robot... and the Krell an ancient people that built a machine that operated on thought... The whole civilization got wiped out in a single night... Because of the ID...

    Regardless I think I need to be God for a day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Forbidden Planet is one of my all time favorite movies. True growth comes from grappling with our private demons - but sometimes I like to let them out to play.

    ReplyDelete