Friday, October 8, 2010

Smooth Sailing

I have been happily bustling around in "mom mode" lately.  The weather is gorgeous, and there is enough chill in the air that the house is starting to smell like a spice rack.  Pumpkin. Pumpkin. Pumpkin. Pumpkin scones.  Pumpkin cream cheese muffins. Pumpkin pancakes (with caramel syrup).  I LOVE October.  I've sort of cleaned up the back yard, so it does not look as much like the aftermath of last years forty freezes - ok, there were only five, but they were hard freezes and all right in a row.  I kept waiting for the hisbiscus to come back, but it never happened, and I have finally faced up to some of the losses that I was hoping weren't real.
 
The upside to all of that is this weekend's annual fall plant sale at USF.  Yay.  I will actually have fresh herbs to cook with again.  Lemon Balm tea cookies in the very near future.  We even had a fire and roasted s'mores last weekend.

The girl child is in the middle of a very intense school project.  I will not rant about puppy mills yet.  When her presentation is done, we will post on YouTube.  We have spent the last week inundated with some of the saddest images and stories I have ever seen.  She is very dedicated to this project, and what little I've seen of it is VERY good. We spent Saturday at the saddest place on earth (the local pound), getting lots of footage.  Then I went with the girls while they interviewed a woman that has been involved in several puppy mill rescues.  Lots to learn.  Kind of shocking how cruel and insensitive people can be.

Work is FINALLY starting to speed up.  I was almost considering a full time placement again (ugh).  Now I'm back to happily working my 5 jobs.  Only two of them are actually giving me patients right now, but I have options, and enough patients to keep me mostly out of trouble.

I'm hoping to pick up the 2011 Wild Child Pics Calendars today.  If so, the pre-orders will be out in the mail by Monday.  Go Photo Girl!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment