OK - totally the proud mom here - Gym Girl was awesome at her state meet. I have to admit, I like it when she brings home those metals and stuff - when she gets a "State Champion" title, it is pretty awesome. Now that she is competing elite division, there are fewer medals, and each one is VERY well earned. She pulled an amazing bar routine. 9.5 her best score ever, on any event, ever. It only earned her a tie for 2nd - but it was the first time that I have ever seen her happy about her score. Truly proud of her self. She did an excellent routine, corrected all of the glitches that she has been working really hard on at practice, and ROCKED it. Go Girl!
Our gym recieved 1st in level 5 large team. I do not think any of our girls recieved 1st place AA in any division. I may be wrong, I haven't talked to everyone (it is a big team, and we had 5's in probably 12 different age and class groupings), but the 1st place teams shows a quality of dedication, in both athletes and coaches that has to be commended. Our gym is unique in that it is very athlete based, and our girls move up when they are ready to perform the skills, even if it doesn't raise team standings. So we have a whole bunch of consistent, well trained, well rounded athletes, coaches that love them, and parents that are just tickled pink when any of our girls do well.
The life of a gym mom is very very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment