OW
As in Open Water. As in Open Water Diver. Which on one level, may qualify as an ow! Very excited. fairly nervous. a little scared. Now we have to actually do it. Our first dive is lined up for next weekend, in the gulf, off a boat, in 50-60 ft of water. We are going on the dive charter run by the shop that we took lessons with, so there is the comfort level of familiarity - sort of - the boat is being run by the Clearwater store, and we really only know the Tampa people. The captain seems ultra friendly and "newbie sensitive."
It's all good, and it will be fun. If my ears don't completely freak out on me, and Riki's sinus' don't stop her at 15 ft.
The child is absolutely determined to muscle ahead with her fund raiser. She does not have sponsorships or participants lined up, and the cost of event insurance is around $600. She has faith that it will all come together. I have faith that regardless of the outcome, she will have learned some pretty important lessons.
I leave on October 1st for a week long intensive training in Completed Decongestion Therapy/Lymphatic Drainage. Exciting. The Darling Husband and Darling Daughter will have to figure out school, gym, breakfast lunches and transport without me. And the last day I am gone - they have to run a Wild Child Pics booth at a local market. The first one of the year. And I'm not even available for moral support. Phone off from 8:00am-8:00pm except for potty breaks for 9 days. I'm looking forward to it. The family is pretty self sufficient. They make me feel needed, but I think they do that because they love me, not because they can't handle it without me.
2012 Wild Child Pics Calendars are almost here. We picked up the proofs, made a few changes, hopefully will pick them up next week. We take credit cards now - but I'm not quite getting it - it makes people nervous when you swipe their card 5 times for a $12 purchase. So far I have not actually overcharged anyone. The people I have sold to have been quite patient.
On a completely different note, my boss resigned. It was not unexpected, we lost our General Manger a few weeks ago, and I have been surprised everyday that our DCS (Director of Clinical Services) was still there. It is sad, though. This man was the 8th DCS I have worked for at this company in 3 1/2 years, and the first one that I liked instantly. He may very well be one of the best bosses I have ever had - straightforward, caring, firm, clear headed; never petty, personal, or caught up in the crazy. I like our acting Director, and we had a conversation yesterday about some changes she would like to see happen - all of them sound good, but none of them are new ideas - we'll see if she can pull it off.
No comments:
Post a Comment