This week has been grueling at work. My team/area is super slow. To keep busy I have been running all over the county covering for other people. Lots more miles on my car, much more frustration, since I get people last minute, and have to call on my way out. I am a creature of habit, and driving outside of my box (it is a tiny box) is difficult for me. I also don't like feeling like I am not "pulling my weight." Our new boss is good, and is kind of kickin' butt in ways that are needed. I am VERY not used to feeling like my butt needs kicking. I do my job, I do it well, I mind my own business. I only rattle cages and stir piles when the s**t effects me directly.
My area is not busy. This is not my fault, marketing is not my job - a good thing, 'cause I kind of suck at it. I am not used to doing busy work, and sitting in a noisy office full of distractions doing chart review is brutal. I am in no way detail oriented. At least not with paperwork. I have talents (and 2 inservices that I am supossed to prepare). I can't be home working on those inservices and have it count as productive time. We do not have computer or work space at the office, so I am doing the research/write-up on my own time, and frantically scrambling around looking for anything that keeps me seeing patients and out of the office on company time. It is back to that "I'll work hard, but I don't like working inefficiently" thing. It sort of burns my britches to be spending home time doing work stuff when I am excessively slow at work and could do it on their time.
Wow - did not plan on this being a massive bitch session. Hopefully I will get stuff done and post the funny happy stuff that makes up the majority of my world tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment