Saturday, October 31, 2009

'Tis the Season

1st - Mom Bragging:
Giant, giant, Layout fly away.  Pretty!  Into the pit, but it looks like it won't be long until she sticks it.

1st middle school report card.  All A's, with a couple of +'s.  My kid ROCKS!

OK.  I LOVE Halloween.  I have 2 huge boxes of Decorations, as compared to one large and one small for Christmas, and 1 large for Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines, 4th of July, St. Paddy's combined.  I LOVE this time of year.  This year I did basically nothing to get ready for tonight.  We hardly ever get trick or treaters, the girl child is going to a birthday/Halloween party, and we have a friend in from out of town.  I did make a few batches of Witchy Fingers, sort of a Halloween tradition around here, but I did not decorate.  This morning we have the neighborhood coming over for Brunch and pumpkin carving.  
I made "monster quiche,"  this is me chaneling "Betty," Martha Stewrat's creative minded, but delivery challenged twin.  I also have difficulty with computers and images.  So the pictures are popping up all over the page.
It is odd that the girl-child is not going to be with me for trick-or-treating.  And this is probably the last time she will even go.  Not ready for the growing up part.  I'm sort of languishing in "Mommy Mode"  best suited for toddlers and small children.  I need to start gearing up for "guidance goddess."  I trust that she has the base morals for good decisions, now I need to stay involved enough to guide her towards them, instead of protecting her from the opportunity to choose.  Ugh - "all knowing, total control Mommy"  is WAY easier.  
The fuzzy girl's boyfriend is visiting.  He is such a handsome man, and my house is total dog chaos.  They are in the "get re-acquainted" phase of the visit.  Sort of ignoring each other, but acutely aware of what the other one is doing, who is getting more attention, etc.  Even the cat, Ashe, is happy to have Jaxon around.  Funny - when other dogs visit, he hides, when Jaxon is here he rubs and pets on him like he is one of our dogs.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment