Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Flippin' Fabulous

Last evening I had an email from our Head Coach wanting to talk to me about Gym Girls meet schedule.  I am 40-something years old, I have very good relationships with all of the authority figures in my life, and every time I get a "we need to talk" message my little mind and stomach starts having anxiety flip-flops.  The daughter is practically perfect in every way.  There can be no "problem." Just calm down, go and watch as much practice as you can, like you normally do - act casual.  Be Cool.

Monday her group coach was not there, so she got to work with one of her favorite coaches and was bouncing off the wall with success, she even made her back hand-spring on the high beam.  Really awkward to watch, but all the new skills start out that way.  Cool - good for her, the one level 7 skill she did not have.  So, anyway, I get to the gym last night, she is on floor, up first for routines.  They added a layout to her first pass, and moved the round-off/back-handspring/ back-tuck to the end of her routine.  Wow - that is a 7 floor sequence.

She comes running out to see me, tells me that they are moving her into level 7!           To clarify, she will compete prep-op for the rest of the USAG season, but will compete 7 in the upcoming AAU meets.  Could I be more proud?

But it gets better.  On beam she is nailing her back hand spring.  It looks like one of her easiest skills.  Last week she was still scared to do it on the high beam even with a spot.  Today she acts like she has been doing them her whole life.

Still more proud Mommy moments.  The Wild Child Pics interview comes out in the Lutz News and the Tampa Tribune today.  Go Wild Gym Child! Go!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment