I cannot complain about working. It has been a long time since I was busy, and it's nice to be making money again. Just sort of blows that I am suddenly busy when I really want to be spending time with the girl. So - I worked a little on Saturday and decided that we needed to bump up the fun around here.
OK, by bumping up the fun, I do not mean taking down the christmas tree, doing laundry, groceries, cooking and cleaning - not to mention year end business paperwork and organizing the week's homehealth. This stuff all got done, just during non-family time. Lucky for me I get up psycho early and the rest of the fam is on real time. The husband and kid even slept in until like 8:00am on Saturday and was amazed to wake up to a tree less living room with accessible TV and seating.
We went to Upper Tampa Bay park, so the little photo girl could take pictures. She got some really good scenery shots, and an adorable fiddler crab - but nothing large. Nice to just hang out with her, and let her drag me through the palmettos.
I've posted these on Facebook, trying to pirate my own pictures to a different venue.
Today we went to Caladesi Island. It is beautiful and only easily accessible by Ferry. It is what I imagine a tropical island to be . mangroves along the intercoastal side. Beautiful beaches, great shelling, lots of palm trees. Rumors of abundant wildlife. The child got some fantastic shots of Roseatte Spoonbills, Snowy egrets, and many sea birds that I (sadly) have no idea what they are.
My highlight? Box turtle. Actually it is a tortoise, but tradition prevails in the naming of this Florida darling. After posing patiently for many many pictures, mostly close-ups and face shots, he had enough. Now in my experience, when I wild animal grows tired of the attention, it leaves, quickly, and typically by travelling AWAY from the annoying humans. Not this boy, oh no, he was polite enough to bid adieu directly. He walked right up to me, and paused while I petted his back. Then he wandered toward the girl, expressing grand appreciation for the interest she had shown - and walked with dignity into the woods.
The pictures are still in the camera - will post eventually.

No comments:
Post a Comment