Monday, September 7, 2009

Laborious Day

Wild Child is at her Dad's for the weekend.  I miss her.  He usually gives her up on the Saturday night when he has her, but apparently he hurt is back, and is not going out.  Good that he is spending extended time with her, he hasn't seen her in a couple of weeks, but I miss her.

  And I have been madly making executive decisions on her business.  Bad mommy.  But, she's not here, and we all know how OCD I can get.  To be fair, she and I have discussed all the decisions I have made, but details (which prints for which products) we only glossed over.  The web is pretty fluid.  If she hates it, we can change it.  Oh - link, link - if anyone actually reads this, you will want to see the changes:   www.WildChildPics.com  Click on "products."  I love the web.  Cafe press lets you put your images on a variety of products, as they only print to order, the artist gets a commission, so we don't have to buy stock and wonder what sells.  It only allows 1 image per product (meaning if we have a "Carnage" coffee mug, we cannot offer another mug of the same size with a different image). Of course, if it takes off and she starts selling lots of stuff, then an upgrade to a not-free store will allow us to do that .  Baby Steps.

I also made purses this weekend.  They suck.  The red one is crooked and lop-sided, and I feel like I stole it from Santa. The white one is much better, less crooked, has potential; besides, they were just prototypes for the real plan.  The Darling Man has discovered ways to print on  canvas, as large as 11x17.  So, if we were to have him print some of photogirl's colorful, patterned pictures (I am particulary thinking of one with kapok blossoms) we could potentially sell photoprint purses.  OOh.  Compulsive, I mentioned Compulsive, right?  
Then of course there was dog-bathing, and walking, watching really bad movies.  Busy weekend.  Today is the girl's birthday.  We will probably have a houseful of people here when she gets home.  Beer-Butt chicken, caesar salad, baked spaghetti, birthday cake, key lime pie if I get to the store early enough.  An end to an era - she really is a pre-teen at 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment