I had every intention of blogging regularly. But, no. Busy may be an excuse. Or lazy. I'm going with busy. I am right now on Day 2 of 7 days off. Woohoo. And I am already bored. Tomorrow we get all the kids, and we are taking them to Busch Gardens.
The boy is 21. Holy crap! We took him out for beers and pizza. He likes good beer, thank God, we told him that we would buy him beer, but only if he chose quality. Good boy! and, he picked a nice feta/spinach/roasted garlic pizza. He spent NYE swing dancing! When did he get cultured and fun? Makes us proud. Chicago is good for him, but we do miss him.
The sorta daughter is moving to Chicago next week. She has been visiting family all month, so we have not seen her for Christmas - she will be at BG with us tomorrow. I can't wait. I am really going to miss her when she's gone. She is really the only sister my Darling Girl has ever had. She has tons of brothers, half brothers, step brothers and pseudo brothers, but just one sis. 14 is not the best age to have your only sister move across the country. This means I am probably going to be forced to let her go to Chicago and hang out with her big bro and sis this summer. Hard to be a helicopter mom when the munchkin is that far away.
After BG, the Darling Girl and I leave for the keys. We have a dive trip scheduled on Wednesday - hopefully the seas will be calm. I really need to get back in the water before I forget what I'm supposed to do.
Pebbles came through her surgery spleenless but happy. Almost back to being the same bright, tail wagging, always in the way, annoying fuzz bucket she had been before. I little more of a lump dog than she used to be. She did walk with me every day this week, so we are on the way to a full recovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment