Musings of a country-girl transplant. Work, Play, Family, Frustration, and Fun in the sweltering Florida sun. This is the "other-blog" as my public blog is focused on work, research, and a quasi-medical soap box. This is just me.
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Swirling bits of chaos
Time stops for no man.
I finally get my first Lymphedema patient on Monday. I am excited. I'm also kind of freaking out. I spent all of last year studying. I spent the first week in October in intensive training and practice. I spent the last part of October, talking it up, training staff, figuring out supplies, etc. Now I sort of don't remember even the basics. Thank god my classmates took copious notes.
I am posting this blog on my tablet. Expect typos. I hope they are amusing, 'cause I have no intention of trying to fix them all.
We are spending the weekend at Disney's Caribean Beach Resort. Really lovely. A little to cheesey, plastic, disneyesqe for me, but, very nice. I have two extra gymnasts with me. They competed yesterday, and as a whole the prep-ops did a fabulous job. My gym girl does not compete until tomorrow, so today it is sleeping in, Old Towne and playing Sherpa to a trio of teenagers.
The girl never ceases to amaze me. She took 2nd place in a county wide writing contest for her short story "Memories."
I am really proud of her, she wrote it as a class assignment, then took it upon herself to submit it. We all sort of forgot about it until they called her Thursday. They are going to present it at her school. Her language arts teacher does not know she entered a contest.
I have an interview with Florida Hospital Tuesday. It is a per dime position, but as unstable as Medicare and home health is right now, I am considering discussing full time with them, if they see a position in the future. None of my current companies seem to have any interest in developing a Lymphedema program. Florida Hospital Orlando has Lymphedema treatment at all levels of care, hopefully they will institute that in Tampa, also - it will be nice to have support, and stability would be good, too.
Life is full, and fun and a little twirly. I love a good roller coaster.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment