Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hangin' in the Hood

I have the world's best neighbors.  Seriously; we all get along; I am completely interdependent with the people next door for getting kids from place to place; we do community meals once or twice a week, or maybe more often; the boys play music and drink beer; we girls share glasses of wine; the kids and dogs are always underfoot.


This weekend SE Seminole Heights had their annual home tour, and B'GOSH (Business Guild of Seminole Heights) had a little expo at one of the stops.  My darling husband is the Handyman of Seminole Heights, the next door neighbor has a Hire-A-Firetruck business, I had a booth, and Raquel down the street is president of B'GOSH, so she had a booth selling things for her sister, and managed to rope all of us into helping set up, etc.  The boys sat in a circle, playing music, drinking a dark, carbonated (or at least foamy) substance from plastic cups.  The massage therapist from across the hall at my office and I did chair massage.  I met a very cool acupuncturist, and saw people from around the 'hood that I had not seen in a while, and met some very fun, interesting folks.  We basically moved our casual Sunday afternoons together a few blocks, and made it public.  The evening consisted of a group meal at my house - 5 households: 13 adults, 5 kids, 7 dogs.  


Tired, happy, Good times!
Good news - one of my 4 jobs is actually going to turn into work at the end of the month.  The weekend after Christmas I picked up a contract placement in a nursing home.  This will be a little like being employed.  I'll be on someone else's schedule, have a supervisor sign my time card, and work with a team of other care-givers (on-site).  Wow, haven't done anything like this in almost 12 years.


I'm more than a little nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment