I have been spending way too much time on Facebook. Fun, though. Staying in touch with family has been wonderful: cousins that I see rarely; my oldest cousin's kids (the little cousins, as they are referred to in the family circle); my uncle who has been a surrogate grandpa to my daughter for a very long time.
Today is the girl's big gym party. She is beyond excited; the first time she gets to do the sleep over, and annual event only open to those competeing level 5 and higher. In addition, after a long talk with her coach last night, they have decided to move her up to 6 trainers with the big girls. She will still compete 5, and her workouts will not be structured significantly different, but for her it is symbolic that she is actually moving up. I HATE the new schedule. Over protective Mom. I don't want my little girl practicing until almost her bed-time 4 nights a week. What about home work? What about Mommy time? What about dinner? We will work it all out, I already think that she does not sleep enough, so I will be watching her carefully.
I have been working!!!!! Yay - for the last several months, I have had only one patient from the home health company that I work for. It has been enough of a concern, that I went through massive training to get on board with another. The new company has not had any work for me, either. Wednesday I got 4 calls to pick up patients in my area. WHOOO HOOO. Except that it is almost Christmas, I have gotten very lazy, and I was really trying to spend more time with the girl before she went to her dad's. Seriously - suck it up. You are not allowed to complain about not working, then complain when there is work to be done. So, I was a mad women yesterday - worked my tail off. It felt really good. And - I made more money than I spent yesterday, which I realize is typically the goal, and nice to do once in a while. And, to get all of these people in over the Holiday, I will actually be working some on the weekends, which is a very good thing. The Neighbors are gone, the husband and boy have soccer, and the girl is at her dads. It is either work (good), or compulsive crafting, or compulsive cooking, or compulsive pretending to clean. Work is good.
I also got all of the coach's bracelets done this week, and one for the girls in the Gym gift exchange, and started 3 more. Hmmm - maybe this is why I am not baking cookies this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment